Monday, May 24, 2010
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Saturday, May 15, 2010
- Use a galvanized metal trash can. You will need to drill several holes into it and it will need a tight fitting lid. You will also need to dig a hole in the ground.
- Use a plastic storage container with tight fitting lid. You will need to drill holes in this as well. This can be for indoor or outdoor use. This can also double as a seat!
- Click here for how to make them.
What Can Be Composted:
- Vegetable Scraps
- Fruit Rinds
- Fruit Peels
- Coffee Grounds & Filters
- Tea Bags
- Egg Shells (only if washed out so no more animal product is in it)
- Paper Towels
- Paper Napkins
- Toilet Paper (not soiled w/ human waste)
- Paper Plates (no animal products on the plate)
- Other yard waste
What Cannot Be Composted:
- Any animal products
- Oily Foods
Here are a few resources that I found very helpful:
Do you compost at home? What do you use as your compost bin? What have you found to be benefits/negative of home composting? Please share any ideas on the subject that you may have. I hope to start this process soon so any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Thanks to Ashley at Mommy & Son for giving me this award. This is my first award and I am so happy to receive it!
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.
So, the 7 things about myself are:
- I am a wife & mommy of 1 and hopefully more.
- I have a passion to help mothers interested in natural childbirth.
- I love cats!
- I love to read and my favorite author is Nicholas Sparks (before all these movies on his books came out).
- I love to be outside.
- I plan to open my own Etsy shop very soon.
- I love to save money!
Here are the 15 blogs that I would like to pass this award along to:
- Sarah @ Crazy House
- Tree @ Mother Of Pearl It Is
- Janet @ Grammy Janet's Place
- Heather @ I'd Rather Be Changing Diapers
- HiLesha @ Green & Glam
- Jenna @ A Mom's Balancing Act
- Jenny @ I'm a Full-time Mummy
- Lillian @ The Mini Beach Bird
- Coupon Clippin' Daddy
- Marsha @ Taste and See God's Goodness
- Life is a Sandcastle
- The Professional Family Manager
- The Beckers @ Baby in the Big City
- Leslie @ Live, Love, Laugh With Leslie
- Chrissy @ Traveling Light
Monday, May 3, 2010
RecycleBank now also partners with Nature Made. If you are a user of Nature Made, you can earn even more free stuff! Get the details here.