- Use a galvanized metal trash can. You will need to drill several holes into it and it will need a tight fitting lid. You will also need to dig a hole in the ground.
- Use a plastic storage container with tight fitting lid. You will need to drill holes in this as well. This can be for indoor or outdoor use. This can also double as a seat!
- Click here for how to make them.
What Can Be Composted:
- Vegetable Scraps
- Fruit Rinds
- Fruit Peels
- Coffee Grounds & Filters
- Tea Bags
- Egg Shells (only if washed out so no more animal product is in it)
- Paper Towels
- Paper Napkins
- Toilet Paper (not soiled w/ human waste)
- Paper Plates (no animal products on the plate)
- Other yard waste
What Cannot Be Composted:
- Any animal products
- Oily Foods
Here are a few resources that I found very helpful:
Do you compost at home? What do you use as your compost bin? What have you found to be benefits/negative of home composting? Please share any ideas on the subject that you may have. I hope to start this process soon so any helpful tips would be greatly appreciated!