If you are one that likes to try new things and make healthy options for the things you love, like chips, this post is for you!
I am part of a Produce CoOp and we got a LARGE amount of Kale on our last pickup. I had never tried Kale before and asked several others what they planned to do with their Kale. One said she makes chips with them and gave me her recipe. It is so simple to make, here are the steps:
- Wash the Kale
- Fold it in half with the stem on one side and the leaves on the other & rip or cut the leaves from the stem.
- Let the leaves dry or put them in a salad spinner.
- Put dressing on the leaves (I made my own Italian dressing - the dry ingredients I picked up at my local spice shop & just added the vinegar, water & oil).
- You can then add additional seasoning or just the dressing. I added nacho cheese popcorn seasoning to mine (DELICIOUS!)
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees.
- Place the prepared Kale in the oven and watch.
- Remove them when they are all crispy.
Keep in mind that the chips will be very brittle, they are not thick like corn or tortilla chips are, they will break apart easily. This is great for little guys who love chips but aren't good at chewing the thick chips well (my little Moochie for instance).
I can honestly say that they taste amazing, not to mention healthy!