Sunday, June 15, 2014

Recipes Thus Far

Some of you have asked me where I have gotten my recipes.  I will post all the recipes I have used so far and will continue to post them as I use them.  Some of the recipes I had to change because they didn't fit in with my eating regime so I will post the source and any changes I made to make the recipe fit my new eating.

Green Smoothies

All the green smoothies I have made so far have come from the book Green Smoothie Joy.  I have made Blue Banana Green Smoothie, Berry & Melon Green Smoothie, Pineapple Detox Green Smoothie, Zingy Spring Green Smoothie, Orange & Go Green Smoothie, Breakfast Treat Green Smoothie.

Homemade Spaghetti Stew

I got this idea from my friend Dustin.  Not sure if the way I made it was exactly like his.

Ingredients:

Small amount of Wildtree Grapeseed Oil
3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tomatoes, diced
1/2 Onion, diced
1lb of Organic Black Beans (could either use a 15.5oz can or you could soak dry beans and cook them to add)
Jar of homemade spaghetti sauce (size of the jar doesn't matter, will just make it more or less saucy)
Brown Rice

Directions:

Put the small amount of Grapeseed Oil in a pan and brown the minced garlic and diced onions.  Once they are browned, place them in a sauce pan along with all the other ingredients and bring to a boil.  Once you have brought it to a boil, simmer until it is the desired thickness.  I cooked mine for about 20 minutes and it was the thickness I wanted.  While your stew is cooking, make brown rice.  I used a rice cooker which made it easy.  I put 2 cups of brown rice in the rice cooker and put in water 1" over the top of the rice.  The rice cooker takes about 20 minutes so you may want to start this before you start your stew to save time.

Breakfast Bars

I got this recipe from Oh She Glows.  I did everything she did except I did not add any additional dry sweetener to it.  We loved it without the sweetener here.  Little Moochie wanted some cookie butter on top but we just added a little to his.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails