Thursday, August 12, 2010

Beat the Heat, Homemade Popsicles

It has been awefully hard to beat the heat around here lately! There are some easy ways to make popsicles that are healthy and delicious for your little ones and yourself for that matter! Today my mom and little guy and I went to Eckert's which is a local orchard that you can pick your own fruits. Right now peaches and blackberries are ripe. We picked a basket of peaches and were then too hot to pick blackberries.

Here is what I did with some of the peaches. First I washed the loose fuzz off the peaches. As you probably now peaches are very fuzzy. It is definitely okay to eat the fuzz but washing off the loose stuff is best. I took about 6 peaches, washed them and cut them into big slices.

The first 3 I blended as is and put the puree into ice trays. This will be a great treat to add to Sprite, lemonade, water or a spritzer. You can even use these puree cubes for homemade baby food. It will stay good in a deep freeze for about 6 months only 3 months in a fridge freezer.

The second 3 I blended up and added a cup of water. If you have yogurt, add 1/2 cup on yogurt and 1/2 cup of water to make it creamier. I then poured this puree into popsicle trays for a delicious frozen treat in a couple days. Mine made 12 popsicles. My little guy won't eat peaches but he may eat a frozen peach popsicle. We'll see!

Do you have any other ideas or recipes for fresh fruit frozen treats. The things I listed can be done with any fresh fruit. Most fresh fruit mixes are delicious too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails